Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finally - an update...

Well some time has passed and there are reasons for this.  I think I last left off with a weekend with 2 dates which turned into zero dates.  Pat and I were to meet for coffee and I just didn't want to meet with him again until we exchanged phone numbers so I basically bailed and we haven't communicated since.

Eric (the truck driver)- whole other story.  This is the main reason I went on hiatus.  We were supposed to meet Friday night in Crystal City but he called and needed to reschedule so we were going to aim for Saturday evening.  When he called on Saturday he left a detailed message explaining that it was his niece's birthday party that night which he had forgotten about.  His message said he still wanted to do a 'quick meet & greet' so he'd 'dip out of the party to meet' and then 'slide back up' to the party.  (Honestly even after all this time I can clearly hear the message in my head and it still makes me sick to my stomach).  I called him back to set something up.  I asked how old his niece was turning and he said 3.  Along with many alarms in my mind by now I am thinking, 'Why would a birthday party for a 3 year old be going on past 9 pm?'  He then starts to say he has family birthdays like this from now until September.  It was as if he is already telling me he is too busy for me.  Anywho, I say well let's still meet in Crystal City. He says 'Let me think about that because it is going to be tough to find parking'.  

I took this to mean he must be planning on driving his truck to the date.  Another weird part is, wouldn't this have been a problem on Friday night too?  

NOTE:  please don't be horrified yet because we haven't even gotten to the scary part

He then said since he will only have about 20 minutes for this he would like me (BRACE yourself) to meet him in the Enterprise Rental Car parking lot on Jeff-Davis Hwy.  Ok so in case you think you are confused I will recap here - he is a truck driver who wants to meet me at 8:30 pm in a dark, desolate parking lot. 

Fortunately I have a good friend who sat with me as I called him back to cancel.  Then he started to ask if he could meet me sometime that week off of Duke St.  Anyways you get the idea here.  So he called 4 times afterwards (once at 7:43 am on Sunday- who is even up then?) and left messages and then thankfully by the grace of God he has stopped calling.

So my life has been a bit busy (apparently I have to start a job search) but I will try now to get back on track and return to dating.  I have already sent an email to Devin (he has been a judge of a debate at GWU).  Let's hope the guy can give me some hope.

No comments: