Monday, February 4, 2008

Yes Virginia, there is a truck driver

So I have established phone communication with a new man.  His name is Eric.  He is the one that asked me to tell him the story that he saw in my eyes.  Then his next email was titled 'It is I, Sweetheart' in which he wrote 'Feel free to give me a call (xxx) 333-00xx, it is easier for me to communicate via this medium.'  When I told someone about this they were confused because they had thought I said he was an African-American.  Which he is.  

He looks like he weighs 98 lbs and I am hoping he has on a jacket 9 sizes too big for him and that he has some meat on his bones.  

Next allow me to share with you what he does for work.  His profile said he was a CEO of a transportation company.  Upon speaking with him I learned that he is a truck driver.  I know you are thinking 'What a catch!'  Don't be too jealous.

And it gets even better.  The first time he called me was Sunday night - in the third quarter of the Super Bowl.  Now even if you don't know that I am a Boston sports fan, does it make any sense to call someone during the Super Bowl?  

He did ask if we could meet up soon and I will venture no more than 1 mile from my home to meet him (he is from MD) but I really don't think I can stretch this one out to 3 dates.  Did I mention everything he said was either boring or an empty compliment?  Yeah - I am looking forward to this one.

Pat and I have emailed to try to catch up but so far have not found a common time.  I think perhaps he is frustrated or not interested since I emailed him last Thursday and have not gotten a response.  We still have not spoken to each other on the phone or exchanged numbers.

Also Devin and I have exchanged a few emails so hopefully soon we will graduate to a phone call.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since he is a truck driver, make him drive to VA. He should be used to spending hours on the beltway...