Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Can I have some laughing gas before I start to cry?

Today I would like to give everyone who isn't dating a glimpse of what the rest of us deal with in the dating pool.  Here is what we have to work..... 

This is from an actual profile of a guy that winked at me (he's 24 and no I didn't lie about my age on my profile so he actually knows I am a decade older than him)...

"Hey ladies. This is Sammy from Maryland giving every young lady the heads up that I'm single and looking for a special young woman. I have a picture, so you can check out my good looks.lol I'm 5'10 young black male, college educated, and full time worker with a steady job. I also drive my own car."

I truly don't think I can even wink back because WHAT could I say if we started to email?  I am not a materialistic person and I am not sure if he thinks it's impressive that a) he has a license, b)that he knows how to drive or c) that he has a car.

Of course I have one guy suggesting we meet soon at any place off the orange line so I guess he doesn't have a car and/or license?  Geez...

And then there is this one.  
Again I have bolded my favorite line.
"Nice guy looking for normal, professional, down to earth women. I am not looking for high maintenance gals who can often be fakes. I am fun, energetic, kind, romantic and love to travel. I work in D.C for the goverment (Big surprise!) and love my work. I do meet women at work but refuse to get involved with coworkers, soooooooo that is why I am taking a little chance here. I am looking for women between the ages of 25-35. Younger or older considered, if we develop a connection. I notice that numerous women claim to be looking for guys like me. I am not a player, I have a job, car, home and apartment and I am not currently looking to be supported financially."

From this should I gather that other men are looking to be supported financially?  

Also one guy wrote on his profile that he has all of his '32 permanent teeth without any metal or metal alloys on said teeth'.  I hope he was trying to be funny but I fear that maybe these are basic questions I should be asking as I begin to email new men.  

Update on Pat:  He emailed and asked me out to lunch/happy hour.  I don't think I can make it on the day he gave me but I do hope/plan to see him again.  

peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I am not *currently* looking to be supported financially."

I guess we can infer from this statement that this could be a welcome possibility in the future?

What a catch!