Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My next step

So in a weird turn of events I received this in my inbox today - not my jaguar account but my work account.  If you have time it is worth the read for so many reasons.

It is from a young lady in Poland who is looking for an American man (as I am).  She explains she got the address through an internet dating service.  

Since I can relate to her request I could respond and tell her a) she either has the wrong address, b) if she paid for the service they may have her money and she may have swindled or c) ignore her since she is competition.

On of my favorite lines is "I am ready for creation family."  She so needs to write to that dude that said 'times awastin.' "

But this has given me another idea in my quest for a date.  Maybe I should go international...importing a date is not any crazier than what I have been doing.

peace
 
********************************************************************
Hello Dear!
How are you? I hope that all good for you and you will read my letter
with a interest. Ok. I got your e-mail through internet dating agency.
I gave my letter to agency and they have told that my letter will be send to man in North America!!!!
I want to arrive to North America and I have good chance for this.
I need only man who can meet me in North America and probably we can to develop our relations.
Ok. My name is Halina. I'm from Poznan City, Poland.

My measurements: 32B - 24 - 34, Height: 5'2", Weight: 115 lbs
Hair: Brunette
Eyes: Blue
Star Sign: Pisces

I'm 26 years old. But very soon will be 27 years old. My birthday on March, 13, 1981.
I am ready for creation family and want it very much.
I cannot find the man in Poland for myself because it very hard in Poland.
I want to create family and to live in your country because the government to care about people.
I want to live and be sure in the future.
In Poland it is not possible to live easy. I want to tell about myself a little.
I live in city Poznan. My city is very beautiful. I work as the seller in shop home appliances.
I'm cheerful woman who like to go for sports and do all what like are usual peoples.
My history: I'm with my girlfriend were going to go in your country as tourists for search of men for serious relations.
But my girlfriend could not go with me. She had problems with your family.
But very soon I will receive visa and I don't want to lose a chance to
arrive in your country. I will receive visa in 7 days for your country.
Now I'm in city Warsaw and waiting for reception of my visa. It will
be great if you can meet me and we can to have relations with you. I'm
understand that it very strange, but probably it's desteny for you and
me. I understand that you will ask me "Where did you get my e-mail?"
I'm right??? I got your e-mail through internet dating agency
in my city. I gave them my letter and they told me that they will send
my letter. And I will be very happy if YOU will answer to me.
I will be very happy if you will write me and we will have our meeting
very soon. And it is possible we a meeting in 7 days because I can arrive to you. Please tell to me about yourself a little!

What is your full name?
Your age?
City?

I hope that you will answer to me back... If so I will send my photo to you.
I will wait your answer so much...
Write to me on e-mail : halina.liashkevich@gmail.com
Yours Halina

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are hot. i want to be your daddy!

Anonymous said...

It's a phishing scam. If you do reply, tell her to watch the movie Sicko by Michael Moore. Then maybe she will have a different perspective about how the US cares for it's people.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the 2nd anonymous - it's phishing. I received the exact same e-mail yesterday. That's how I found your blog post (by searching for the return e-mail addy).

Anonymous said...

I too have received this exact worded email yesterday, Jan 9, 08

Anonymous said...

I've got the same one also. I've played along and have asked "her" for a scanned copy of her passport and visa to enter the USA. She says she will send the passport scan but hasn't got the visa yet. I'm waiting to see what happens.
The e-mail address from which the original letter was sent is engel111@interlink.ca

Anonymous said...

i recieved this same email and had her send me a picture, she is a real babe, but i fear this is just a front for a scam. too bad cause i had my wife talked into letting her come live with us.

Anonymous said...

What a hussy! She sent the same e-mail to my boss. And we're in Europe. I am quite certain that there is not Polish Halina involved at all. Part of my reason for thinking that is that Liashkevich is a Slavic name but not how a Polish person would spell it. If anything it could be a Ukrainian or a Byelorussian name. Also, Poland is in the EU with free access to all of the other member states so such desperate measures are unlikely to be used by Polish women. If they want to go to "The West" they just get on a bus.

S said...

Are all these comments for real??

Anonymous said...

[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z266/jwbhomer/VISA.jpg[/IMG]

This is supposed to be a scan of her visa to enter the USA. She never sent me a scan of the ID pages of her passport.

She has asked for $1300 because she says she has to have this amount of cash to be allowed to leave Poland. Classic romance scam.

Anonymous said...

Heh... Halina has moved onto Australian men now. I received a very similar email to yours today - twice!

Hopefully she'll meet another phisher and find true love. ;)

Anonymous said...

I just recieved "Halina's" email here in Australia. I've replied. Not sure what I should do next (perhaps marry her, send her all my money lol). Anyone got any ideas. Might tell her I'm a lesbian, see if she'll bat for the other team!

Anonymous said...

+1 to the Australian comments.
Got one today. Looked very nice at first (I have a bit of a thing for east Euro girls) :(

She's a bit of a skank! Americans, Europeans, Australians. It's like she's anti-polski. Not sure how she lives with herself!

Anonymous said...

replied, waited for the photo and then told her I wasn't keen on brunettes...

Anonymous said...

I recieved the same intro email as at top of page. I went along with it for about 2 weeks.We swapped pictures of ourselves and she said she wanted to live with me in my apartment.So I tidied it all up really nice and took some pictures of the bedrooms etc and sent them too.She said she had a visa for Australia but needed $1300 USD to buy an airfare within 36 hours.Who has that kind of cash lying around
? Then she said she only needed $700 USD .Anyway I did not send her any money via Western Union.
She ha ssince told me to stop emailing her.Very cute lady but could be some hair Polish mafia guy in some sleazy garage.
Anyway I said it would take me a few weeks to save it.She then asked me how much I had right now