Thursday, January 24, 2008

Third (and last?) date

So plans changed and I felt like maybe I wanted to go out.  I accepted one of Victor's daily offers to meet up.  He is a decent guy except he wants to get laid and I can't take the pressure so I explained that I didn't feel comfortable with that idea at this point.  On the way home I kind of beat myself up because I felt like I needed a clearer, nicer way to state that.  So I began to rehearse a few words explaining my thoughts and then luckily sanity arrived!  Why do I have to tell some dude that expects sex by date 3 that I am not in it for that?  Avoiding conversations is an area of expertise for me and I am not always proud of that (I could probably write a book on the fade and why it works best in EVERY situation).  But in this instance it is okay to not have a conversation.  I have stated he is too focused on sex.  Enough said.  I certainly don't deserve to be sexually harassed by my date each time we go out.    

As I continue to reflect on this I now have found the words I want to say to him.  I want to tell him that his profile headline should read 'breakfast is expected to end our date.'

And no - I have not gotten a phone call from my pal on the plane.  The sad part is realistically he is not going to call.  Even I know that.  But I still want to hope that he might.  Basically I will not be mentioning him again unless I hear from him or hunt him down.  

So I am now looking forward to meeting Pat Saturday morning.  At least I am optimistic that he will be decent, kind & cute (yes if you think you're confused he is the white one).   

But don't be surprised if I breeze through the Marriott bar Friday evening.

1 comment:

Annabelle B. said...

I am pretty sure that when I guy gets your number, but doesn't call, he won't.

That is the normal way of things.

With men who aren't at the age when Alzheimers starts to set in!

My vote is that he wanted to call you, but he forgot. Because he's old.

It's a risk you take with that demographic. That and heart attacks.

You are better off buttercup!