Monday, January 14, 2008

Profile no longer available?

I am anxious to meet my new date, Pat, on Friday.  I couldn't recall all his specifics (what he does for work, where he lives, his age, if he only dates girls with multiple body piercings) so of course I went to visit his profile.  I am so screwed because it is not available!  What does that even mean?  I don't think this Friday will go anywhere near as smooth as last Friday.  He and I have not spoken on the phone and have no plan to do so and now I can't even start a conversation about his job because I have no idea what it is!  I have information overload from all these profiles.  If anyone is thinking of setting up their own online dating service I would aim for a 'keep it simple, stupid' philosophy.

I am glad that he is very cut and dry about the whole thing.  We've exchanged about 3 emails (I had to make sure he wasn't a Yankees fan) and now we'll meet.  None of the back and forth stuff.  I like that.    

Chemistry.com has been sending me possible matches from what seems like the entire East Coast.  One from Philly and even one from Connecticut.   Perhaps they are sending me a message like "We are doing the best we can but you aren't being cooperative so we had to extend the search."

I never heard from the mechanic.  I don't think he had white down as a possible match for him so I should have seen that one coming.  I am disappointed but hopefully more men in the automotive world are on their way to.     

***************************************************
Here are some of the Date Lab questions and what I answered- I can't change them now!

Q. What was your worst date?

A. As a way to cope with difficulties in life I have a well developed method of repressing things that are terrible. That being said I can't recall my bad dates. Maybe a hypnotist could help.

Q. In what ways do you hope that your date differs from you?

A.  I hope that he has a lot of common sense to make up for all the flakiness I have. I can't tell you how many times I have lost my keys while shopping in a mall!

Q. Pitch your dating history as a TV show

A. Look Out! This petite powerhouse is off and dating. Join us for an inside look at the men she meets- from one that's as slick as a can of oil to another with 3 roommates, no car yet feels he is her soul mate. It could keep you laughing (or crying if you too are trying to date) for hours.

Q. What makes you a good catch?

A.  Me? What doesn't make me a good catch? I am cute, kind and loyal. I enjoy sports though I am a fan of Boston-based sports teams. Carry-on size baggage (thanks for this one Lisa)!

Q. How do you usually meet your dates?

A.  I either met them online or in a bar. Unfortunately dating has turned into me spending time with my computer and the only warm feeling I get is from my MacBook battery on my lap.

No comments: