Monday, January 28, 2008

Please ask for my number...

So despite the fact that I was not feeling well at all, off I went to meet Pat.  Very nice guy.  He is cute and easy to chat with.  I think he is 40 and he sells software to ERs.  He grew up in MD so he is from this area.  He made it very clear that he LOVES golf and will drop anything for a chance to play.  He also explained that he does a lot of stuff last minute and isn't a real planner.  I have experience with this type of 'impulsive' behavior and I can't say I can hang with it all that well.  

That being said I felt as though I was on an interview.  He asked pointed questions about my family, religious beliefs, what party I support, my 5 year goals, and so on.  Yeah- not what I was up for since again it was 9 am (a time I don't function well at right now) and I wasn't feeling well.  I don't think I had my game on and I was not worried about having the 'right' answers since I am not in a search for a husband.  

At the end of our meeting he stretched out his arms for a hug so I gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek and off I went.  I hoped that I would hear from him but doubted that I would.

Well that evening he sent an email saying he had a nice time meeting me and would like to hang out in my neck of the woods sometime.  All this is weird to me because we haven't exchanged phone numbers.  Am I out of date since I expect communications to take a leap from emails to phone calls at some point?  

peace

No comments: