Wednesday, January 23, 2008

:( No Call

No call.  He hasn't called.  Why?  Somehow in my mind I don't think he is going to call so I am planning my next move.  I am seriously considering swinging by the hotel he claims to stay at to see if anyone can help me get in touch with him.  Then when I find him I'm gonna say something like, 'I figured you lost my number since there is absolutely no other reason why you would make me wait for a phone call.'

The other option I need to consider is that he actually lives in this area and is married and he lied about staying at the Marriott.  I was off my game and didn't check for a ring.  

So onward I move.  I chat with Victor each day.  We don't have specific plans to see each other but that is mostly because of my schedule.  I guess even if I go out with him one more time I will eventually have to have a talk with him.  Which for me is about as fun as chewing foil so basically he will linger there until he gets tired with me.  And, which, if he is like most men and wants what he can't have that will make me all the more appealing to him.  

I have a new friend Devin.  I have high hopes for him.  When I asked him what he did over the weekend he said he fed the homeless and was a judge at GW for some debate thing.  You know I love a community volunteer but I am not sure if the debate thing is impressive or way too geeky for me.  He is a 39 years old, 6'2", African American, has never been married and has at least 1 child.  

peace     

No comments: